Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Things I miss

I've been craving goldfish all week (they don't sell them here...I have to go the British and American supermarket in the Hague and hope they have them in stock!) so I decided to do a post on other things I miss. This will be followed by a post on things I don't miss.
This will be me once I get goldfish
Store closing times
Everything closes so early here! Most stores are only open until 5 or 6 and many are closed on Sundays. A lot of grocery stores are even closed on Sundays and if they're open it's only for a few hours. And a lot of museums are closed on Mondays for some reason.
You close at 6:00 every night?


Actual malls
What they call malls here are actually strip malls. It's not very pleasant shopping there when it's cold, windy, and rainy!
I have to walk around in this?!?

Eating with you hands
This one might sound a little strange but I do miss it! It's so much easier to just pick up a slice of pizza or some bread with cheese or peanut butter and eat it than cut it up into little pieces and use your fork. I guess that's just me being an unrefined American...

My family and friends
Even though I'm having a great time here, of course I miss everyone from back home. Luckily In October and November several family members and a friend will be here at different times and I think I'll be able to meet up with them all!
Hugs to everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Awww...they had goldfish after the wedding and I thought of you...I'd just seen your fb post! I hope you find some. If not I'm sure one of us here can mail some :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I can get some at the American/British supermarket here. And Uncle Steve said he could bring some for me when I see him here :)

      Delete
  2. When I was in Europe I missed runny eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat runny eggs so I haven't noticed that! That's kind of an odd thing for them not to eat

      Delete