Thursday, September 19, 2013

Things I Don't Miss

As promised here is my list of things I don't miss!
Driving
I love not having to drive here! It's so easy to bike everywhere and in many places it can be just as fast as driving there. No having to worry about one way streets (bikes can usually go the wrong way on one streets) or finding a parking spot. Although once it gets colder here or snows I might be wishing I had a car instead of a bike.
How I feel biking

Obscenely Hot Weather
Temperatures in the 70s are considered hot here...enough said
No more of this as soon as you walk outside

America's Public Transportation
Public transportation is practically non existent unless you live in a big city. D.C. has the metro but that is limited and it always seems like they're doing construction. The public transportation here is great! There's a whole network of trams, buses and trains that can take you practically anywhere in the Netherlands and to the surrounding countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment